Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloween...the gateway holiday

 
 
Halloween has always been a favorite holiday of mine.
Not as much because of the costumes
or candy,
but because I feel like it's the gateway to
all things Autumn.
The air is cooler, the leaves are falling, and spiced cider
steams in heavy mugs waiting to be gulped down.
Pumpkins, corn stalks and hay bales decorate front porches.

 
And who doesn't love seeing kids giddy at being
a fairy, or a superhero for a day?
Each time my doorbell rings on that one night a year
I know I'm about hear a
chorus of
Trick or Treats.
 
Despite my love for Halloween,
I don't do a lot of decorating for it.
This year, my littlest little told me we "had to"
decorate.
He sweetened the deal with an offer to help.
And he really did.
Meet our friend one-eyed Willie.
He's been with us for years.
 
In our dining room my helper supervised the
placement of his batty buddies.
I don't know about you, but I love me some blackbirds for a slightly spooky vibe!

 
Whether you dress up or not, or trick or treat or not
All Hallow's eve ushers in Autumn-y goodness.
So I say...
 
Happy Halloween ya'll!!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?